Classy Cooking for the College Kids!

College is tough! A lot of times, we live off of ramen noodles or, if you're my amazing roommate, stock up on the Ragu and elbow macaroni. I hope with this blog to not only cater to the typical college student by providing delicious meals that are quick, easy, and make plenty of leftovers to take to school the next day! A lot of my recipes come straight from my grandmother's family cookbook (cause everyone loves to have that comfort food!) but I have many that come from dear friends as well. I want to hear about your recipes and why they're you're favorite. Food brings people together, so let's make it something enjoyable! I'll have everything from healthy salads to delicious desserts, so take a look around as I post.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Taco Soup

Here's some soup with some kick!! It's SUPER easy, though it does take a while! But it's nice to set it up, go to class, then come home to a delicious meal! :)


What You'll Need
1 lb hamburger
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 can beef consumme
¼ taco seasoning mix (heaping tablespoon)
2 cans chili beans (30 oz) don’t drain
1 can tomatoes (quart size)
Small can tomato sauce (8 oz)

Basically all you need to do is brown your meat then throw everything else into the pot and let it simmer for about two hours! Throw some mozzarella/cheddar cheese on top with come Cool Ranch Doritos and you've got a delicious meal that will leave PLENTY of leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment