Classy Cooking for the College Kids!

College is tough! A lot of times, we live off of ramen noodles or, if you're my amazing roommate, stock up on the Ragu and elbow macaroni. I hope with this blog to not only cater to the typical college student by providing delicious meals that are quick, easy, and make plenty of leftovers to take to school the next day! A lot of my recipes come straight from my grandmother's family cookbook (cause everyone loves to have that comfort food!) but I have many that come from dear friends as well. I want to hear about your recipes and why they're you're favorite. Food brings people together, so let's make it something enjoyable! I'll have everything from healthy salads to delicious desserts, so take a look around as I post.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Blonde Brownies

Want the deliciousness of a brownie but not a huge fan of chocolate?? My wonderful roommate Ashley has the PERFECT alternative and they are sinfully delicious!! I am in love with blonde brownies!!

What You'll Need
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups brown sugar
2/3 vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Bake-tastic!!!
Mix together the sugar and oil. Then mix the eggs, vanilla, then add to the sugar/oil mixture. Add to flour and spices. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour the pan well (unless you want it to stick to the pan...then it becomes a pain). Bake for 25-30 minutes. See? Super easy, chocolate free, and still freaking amazing! Enjoy!

They've got such a unique, almost crumbly texture that just mushes in your mouth in the best way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment