Classy Cooking for the College Kids!

College is tough! A lot of times, we live off of ramen noodles or, if you're my amazing roommate, stock up on the Ragu and elbow macaroni. I hope with this blog to not only cater to the typical college student by providing delicious meals that are quick, easy, and make plenty of leftovers to take to school the next day! A lot of my recipes come straight from my grandmother's family cookbook (cause everyone loves to have that comfort food!) but I have many that come from dear friends as well. I want to hear about your recipes and why they're you're favorite. Food brings people together, so let's make it something enjoyable! I'll have everything from healthy salads to delicious desserts, so take a look around as I post.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chicken Parmesan

Another favorite of mine to do around the holidays (not sure why, I think it's just cause it's easy and it's poultry so it still kinda works in my head) is chicken parmesan. I adore my family's heritage and I keep it alive! My dad loves to make chicken and eggplant parmesan when he knows the family is going to get together, and I am the same way! It feeds a ton of people and it's pretty cheap to make!

What You'll Need
eggs
milk
Italian bread crumbs
chicken breasts
spaghetti sauce
Canola oil (or vegetable, if you prefer)

Ciao!
This is a simple way to make your chicken! Trim the fat off the chicken and butterfly it if they are thicker breasts (I don't know why, but I always end up with ones that look like strips! Weird huh??) Once that is done, grab two bowls. In one bowl, put in some eggs and milk (the ratio between the two should be 1:1) You will have to eyeball the amount depending on how much chicken you are planning on cooking. In the other bowl, pour bread crumbs. Take your chicken breasts and dip them into the egg/milk mixture. Make sure that they are completely covered! Then dip it in the bread crumbs (to keep messes to a minimal, I always have one "wet" hand and one "dry" hand. I use my left to dip the chicken in the egg/milk mixture, then my right to dip it in the bread crumbs. Once you are done with that, throw them in the pan and lightly brown the outsides so the bread crumbs become a nice golden brown! Try not to burn them! Then place the chicken on a cookie sheet. You will then bake the chicken at 350 until done (mine usually takes 20-25 minutes). By doing it this way, you make the chicken very moist and tender! When there's about five minutes left, pull the chicken out, pour some sauce and mozzarella cheese on top, then put it back in to finish so the cheese gets all nice and melty and bubbly! Make up a bowl of pasta and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment