Classy Cooking for the College Kids!

College is tough! A lot of times, we live off of ramen noodles or, if you're my amazing roommate, stock up on the Ragu and elbow macaroni. I hope with this blog to not only cater to the typical college student by providing delicious meals that are quick, easy, and make plenty of leftovers to take to school the next day! A lot of my recipes come straight from my grandmother's family cookbook (cause everyone loves to have that comfort food!) but I have many that come from dear friends as well. I want to hear about your recipes and why they're you're favorite. Food brings people together, so let's make it something enjoyable! I'll have everything from healthy salads to delicious desserts, so take a look around as I post.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shirlyn's White Chili

I don't know about you guys, but when the weather gets cold, I always turn to a nice big bowl of chili! Now, I'm picky about my chili, and this was one of the best recipes I have EVER come across. A HUUUGE thank you to my roommate Ashley's mom Shirlyn for this divine recipe!! I LOVE IT!! :)

What You'll Need

1-2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
4  15oz cans Northern White Beans, do not drain
2  14oz cans of chicken broth
2  4oz cans chopped green chillies
1 TBSP dried minced onion
2 tsp Garlic powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Black pepper
2 cups sour cream
1 cup half and half

Chili! :)
Put all ingredients except sour cream and half and half into a large pot.  Bring to a slow boil.  Add sour cream and half and half.  Heat to desired temperature. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment